This topic is on the special request from our dynamic Realtor® Pranali Talsania who is part of Save Max Dream home. A special thanks to her for her suggestion.
In my career of more than a decade, I have mentored 100s of Realtors® and have observed 1000s. I have seen many new Realtor who achieved success and many who left the profession. On the other side there are many who reached on a peak in their career but lost track after that. First we will touch being complacent and then we will talk being over whelmed.
Humans are designed to be complacent, if you will keep doing the same thing again and again, you will start feeling boredom with that or in other words you become too comfortable and take things for granted. Many Realtors® who have 4-5 years experience can second my opinion on this, when they started their career, their enthusiasm was on such a high level to deal with any and every clients, slowly slowly we become selective in our business and many times we ignore little challenging business. We start thinking or I would say we start satisfying ourselves that we want to deal with only selected clients.
Of course there is nothing wrong in it but somehow we miss an important part of it that we are leaving the same business which we used to happily do it few years before. We don’t understand that someone else will do that business and our client will go in their network and all the future business will go to that person who helped the client when he needed the most. Not only that when we get a little success , we become complacent in doing the basic activities and start feeling that oh I have been so successful , why should I still do the basic job and that’s where we put ourselves into trouble . Slowly slowly we start losing ground on our business territory and then comes the time when we start going down.
There are simple solutions to overcome complacency in our business.
1. Never forget the basics of business. Stay grounded
2. Please ensure to replace yourself after every 2-3 years and have your back up.
3. Train your predecessor who can handle the business which you will not be able to do because of your busyness.
4. Always take out yourself from your comfort zone.
5. Keep watching your performance and when you feel you are going down or about to go down, start following the basics of the business.
6. Never hesitate to take help from your mentor as he/she might have gone through that phase and can help you to overcome fast.
7. Learn from other people experience, one life is too short to make all the mistakes.
Being Overwhelmed, I think this is an another interesting topic to discuss. Keeping in view that reader don’t lose the interest as it will be too big to read , I will pen down my opinion on this tomorrow. Once again thanks to Pranali for bringing this topic and special thanks to all others who send their suggestions for topic, I will cover all of them one by one.
If you care, you will share.